Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Sept 23
USA - first weeek

I got down at seattel airport after a rather long journey , I was tired ,I went through immmigration and then i went through customs where they foud ot that I di not take a stamp fromthe immigration on the customs clearence form and they sent me back to immigration anywa it unnecessaril delaed the whole process by around another half an hor the imigration officer was all apologetic about his fault.. hm..
anyway checked outmy luggage , I wanted a troley but i di not have any change with me..only a 100 $ in bills and there we no currency converters nearby . well i decided to pull it all together pulling 3 piece of liggage is rather a difficlt job.. hm..
this would go as a travel tip next time ou tracel carry spare change..
hmm . now I wanted to make a phone call home..
i managed get my 100 $ converted into 20 $bills ,i put money into the phone ard machin and damn..the phone card machins had some problem
it was not able to give me the card..

not such a great welcome to us after all . before making even one dollar i had already lost 20 $ , felt like kicking the dumb machine . did some calculation and found out .. i lost 100 RS into a dumb machine. anywa tried tpacifymyself it is just 20 bucks,, anywa i moved found a taxi and checkedinto a hotel . the room rent was 79.99 did some bargaining and brought it down to 59.99 . I was feeling happy now 20 $ saved per day..
had a long nice hot sower and slept ...
next day took a cab to my friends place and from there with him to office. microsoft was not at all like wat i expected it was a developers paradise or so to say. people are very friendl and business like. after getting introductions over i went to get my SSN and bank account . at the ssn office they told me it will take two to three weeks to get an acknowlwdgement
hm.. anywa went to the bank . there was a guy who came ther who wanted to close his brother's account becasue he passed away e was ust 14 .
I felt sorr for him .I did not ask him what hapened .the lad a the bank was quite nice.. she started complimenting me on my eglish anyway we cahtted a long time. i wanted o buy a map ad I asked her. she tried to give me iredctions but i was no able to follow . she gave me a cop she had. well anyway bid good bye and went to office .
Rams my Project managerintoduced me to the rest of the people in the team and that was it for the day came home . bought some food from the stoe and came home and slept ...

No comments: